.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Studio of Thoughts

Everyone has the right to be free, except within the confines of their own heads

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, January 03, 2005

Upma and 3-chilli chutney

Yup, that was my breakfast today, cooked by my boyfriend...or lunch, rather. We had it at 1pm, cuz...well, first there were no veggies, so when my guy caught the cooking bug more than half the ingredients weren't there...so he goes to the local Woolworth's to get some, and of course I had to shove my shopping list on him, and of course he had to buy half the bloody supermarket since I'm not there to scold him each time he reaches out at the junk food aisle...and when he comes back, since he's in 'house chores mode', I need to clean out the refrigerator before putting away the groceries...and I really do mean CLEANING OUT...taking out the glass trays, spraying and wiping them in the sink, the works.

And THEN he starts blending the chutney in the food processor...tomatoes, check. Onions, check. Salt, check. Green chillies...THREE WHOLE PIECES??? And then he complains when I barely touch the chutney with my upma!

We were supposed to watch Swades in the city, 4.20pm show. The sec he insisted on the kitchen clean-up I knew it wasn't gonna happen, and mildly suggested that we make it to the night show instead. But the testosterone driven alpha male in him wouldn't listen..."nah, who said, we'll make it, I'll cook the upma in a flash, now that all the ingredients are here...blah blah blah". Oh, really.

2pm...he starts cooking.

2.35...we start eating.

2.55...I ask him what the time is, and when we should leave ( we take the train into the city...he hates driving there cuz parking is shit, though I think it's cuz he's secretly afraid of driving in a place he doesn't really know, and is filled with one-way roads ).

3pm...we plan that we should leave by 3.30.

3.01pm...I mention that movie is at 4.20pm. It occurs to him that since we're taking the train and all.....*tick tick tick*...it dawns on him.

3.02pm....he suggests we go for the evening show. I smile and agree.Honestly, how do men get to be so cute?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!

this is one of my favourite blogs form you...its really cute and funny!

you and your bf remind me of salaam namaste in a way, the way tyou guys live together and in australia, etc. :D

i have read all of your blogs, and i find them very interesting...keep them coming! :)

4:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home