.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Studio of Thoughts

Everyone has the right to be free, except within the confines of their own heads

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, November 20, 2006

Short sad update

My mobile blogging remains an unfulfilled techno-dream. My providers don't function well in Myanmar, but worse - a local sim there costs 1k USD. I kid you not. One thousand American dollars. Talk about trying to milk it from the tourist.

At this rate, I'll be happy if my pen and paper doesn't get snatched away in broad daylight.

Looks like my blogging luck will now depend on the availability of internet cafes - now how expensive THEY'RE going to be, is anybody's guess. I might have to start depending on charity for free speech soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I am Andrea's older (but shorter ha ha) sister Kathleen. I found the link to your blog from Andrea's, and I wanted to let you know that during an afternoon of having nothing to do at work (I'm temping, at the moment) I read your entire blog! It was so entertaining and you write beautifully, so I wanted to let you know.

Take care and happy and safe travelling!

11:56 am  
Blogger Sreedhevi Iyer said...

thanks kathleen - I've heard heaps about you too. Hope to meet you one of these days.

10:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home