.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Studio of Thoughts

Everyone has the right to be free, except within the confines of their own heads

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Friday, December 29, 2006

Here I come o saturated world

So its done, I guess. My trip's over, and I'm in the throes of my regular chaotic packing, which takes all day and is endless, and just when you think the bags can be zipped up, new stuff pops out of thin air begging to be taken along.

Unlike my other times, though, this time the depression is palpable - perhaps because I'm already aware of its forthcoming presence and am trying to be prepared for it. Friends have been forewarned, and bouts of silence have been observed.

I leave for an uber-civilisation after spending the largest chunk of my break in a country where people can't vote and sometimes work for nothing, not even food.

And then I need to observe New Year's Eve in a First World country where binge drinking is the norm and people complain about holiday weight and tasteless, regiftable Christmas presents.

Strangely enough, I was happier in the supposedly more miserable country.

Love you, Australia. Make way, I'm coming over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home