.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Studio of Thoughts

Everyone has the right to be free, except within the confines of their own heads

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Uhm, I'm home

My guy finally dropped me home today. Packing itself took ages. I realised as he drove me here that I'd been away for more than a month at his place. Sure, I came in occasionally to my place, but it was only to pick up more stuff. I housesat for him while he was away at Europe, and three days after he returned my mum visited from Malaysia. He insisted that she stay with him ( they have a mutual admiration club going, which i don't want to be a part of ), and I couldn't leave my mum there so I stayed on too. She left Christmas Eve, and on Christmas early morning my guy had the most terrible illness and I had to call 000 ( our version of 911 ) to get him to hospital straightaway...after which I'd been staying with him, making sure he eats well etc. He recovered, but then we bought got caught up in the Tsunami spectacle daily, and it was the holidays blah blah blah...and things just went on from there.

So now I'm finally home, and oh my god it is SO hot in here ( summer here in the Southern Hemisphere ), I guess that's part of the reason why I keep finding excuses to stay at his central-airconditioned apartment...Not to mention the MESS...each time I visited to pick things up, I've just barraged, rummaged, scavenged and left...the place was already untidy when I first left, and I'd promised myself to clear it up on one of those rainy days ( not for the sake of the expression, but in the vain hope that it'd be cooler then )...but now, it's like the Asian Tsunami had found it's way particularly into my apartment and decided to leave behind a souvenir for Brisbanites.

It all looks hopeless. Especially in this draining heat. I keep telling myself that I gotta start small. Tackle it small area by small area. But I'm meeting my friend Richard for lunch tomorrow, and that'll take ages since we haven't met up since before Christmas and I know we'll have heaps to catch up on, and I need to get to the gym in the afternoon, and then prepare my wardrobe for Thursday, when I start my brand spanking new job as a Librarian for a Language School Library. Yikes! Looks like I'll find time to clean only on the weekend. Although my boyfriend's already making noise about that, and has said if I don't get to his place, he's gonna come to mine. Yeah right...and as if he'll help with the cleaning. ( to be fair, he does, but he makes so many comments like a bloody grandmother that I'd rather clean alone ).

Oh gee...long blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home