.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Studio of Thoughts

Everyone has the right to be free, except within the confines of their own heads

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Thursday, March 24, 2005

No meat feat

I've always considered becoming vegetarian every now and then. My entire family is vegetarian except myself, and meat is not even allowed to enter my parental home in Malaysia. And though I eat chicken, and tend to eat more meat outside the house than within the house, I'm no hardcore meat consumer.

And yet, I've been thinking about this whole thing. Then my boyfriend's mum from India came and stayed with us, and made the most DELICIOUS vegetarian indian food...and I didn't feel the lack of protein since there was always some form of lentils around.

She left one day before the start of Sri Ram Navami, and I'd been contemplating being vegetarian for that, so I thought...hey...why not stick with it throughout Ram Navami and see how i go...see how long I can stick to it.

And so far, true, I do get occasional cravings for meat, but nothing die-hard that a good vege curry can't cure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home